- Google: Sorry about Buzz, Street View Privacy Issues (providing information to unwelcome Buzz "followers" and recording WiFi data while making Street View maps)
- Adobe Apologizes For Old Flash Bug (failing to patch bug for 16 months)
- McAfee’s Antivirus Snafu (releasing update that shut down computers running XP)
- AT&T Begs Pardon for iPad E-mail Breach (allowed hackers to identify email addresses of iPad customers through a flaw in an authentication web site)
- Facebook Apologizes for Privacy Shortcomings (Sort Of) (Mark Zuckerberg issues non-apology for constantly changing facebook privacy policies)
- Ellen Degeneres Didn’t Mean To Hurt Apple’s Feelings (Apparently, a comedian made fun of Apple...and this made the list why?)
- Apple: Sorry We Couldn’t Keep Up With iPhone 4 Orders (The description says it all)
Not separately counting the two separate Google apologies squished into the top bullet, that makes 3/7 apologies for privacy gaffes. The moral of the story - privacy mistakes are the gift that keeps on giving, at least in terms of bad publicity.